I’ve gotten some good responses to my posts about Bible Study & Prayer and some requests to keep the notes and ideas coming, so here are a few from my Bible Study class on Sunday, and some things I have found on my own over the past couple of days. [In case you are looking for a good study on enhancing your prayer life, I recommend “A Woman After God’s Own Heart” by Elizabeth George & any of the “Power of Praying” books by Stormie Omartian]
*10 Ways to Improve Your Prayer Life:
1. Use a prayer list or notebook where you can keep track of all of the requests you get.
2. Schedule a prayer time everyday…if you make an appointment with God, you can be assured that he will show up.
3. Spend time praying with others.
4. Pray using Scripture [this is something that I am learning how to do, and I’m really excited about it.]
5. Borrow from the prayers of others [there are a lot of Good prayers that you can google on the internet]
6. Open and close each day with prayer [You will be amazed at how much smoother your day will go and how much better you will sleep if you do this].
7. Gain inspiration from the biographies of others who have prayed.
8. Study and reflect on the prayers in the Bible. [I love reading the Psalm’s.]
9. Follow through on your resolve- No decision made without prayer.
10. Feed your heart and mind DAILY with God’s word.
~Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.
~Don’t give God instructions, just report for duty.
~The task ahead of us is never as great as the POWER behind us.
~If the church wants a better pastor, it only needs to pray for the one it already has.
~7 Days without prayer= 1 Weak
~If your day is hemmed in with prayer, it is less likely to become unraveled.
~”Prayer will make a man cease from sin, or sin will entice a man to cease from prayer.” -Oswald Chambers
~”The word of God is the food by which prayer is nourished and made strong.” -E.M. Bounds
~”God has editing rights over our prayers. He will…edit them, correct them, bring them in line with HIS will and then hand them back to us to be resubmitted.” -Stephen Crotts.
Hope you enjoyed these. I’m sure I will have some more of these soon. There are tons in my Study Book. I love Quotes and things that inspire me. I keep an entire Notebook full of them.